Impact your community with block parties, home repairs for senior adults, "Parents Day" Out, Yard Giveaway, Car Clinic for Single Moms, Hot Dog Supper for the local firemen and policemen in your area, Movie Night, Backyard Bible Club, Youth Night for the Community, etc. There are endless ways in which you can reach out to the people in your community!
For those seeking a project, there are three projects listed below:
1) Collect food, household items and children's clothing for the Yard Giveaway at the Bread of Life Food Pantry. Bring to the PMBA by Thursday, May 29 between 9 AM - 4 PM Monday - Thursday. Or, drop off at the Food Pantry, 402 Polo Road, 27105 any Thursday, between 1 PM - 6 PM prior to June 1.
2) Host a Shower for the Redwine Missionary House, located at 202 Wicklow Drive, 27106. Our Missionary House is getting a facelift. Baptist men are very busy remodeling bathrooms, kitchen, painting, etc. It's been 15 years since we have really upgraded the household furnishings (except for replacing some of the furniture). We have one mission group hosting a shower for the Kitchen. Would your group consider hosting a shower for the two bathrooms or one of the three bedrooms? We definitely need decorations, window treatment, new comforters, lamps, flower arrangements, etc. We have a missionary family coming to for several months the end of June. Help us make them feel welcome!
If you want to do a shower, you can host the party at the Redwine Missionary House anytime between May - June 20. Everyone can have a tour of the house. Call Karen Taylor (336) 414-0812.
3) Host a one-day Sports Camp at one of our churches in the Southeast Quadrant. Call Karen to see what churches are still wanting partners. We have two churches that I have heard from just recently wanting another church to partner with them.
4) Partner with a church in the Southeast Quadrant and do prayer-walking in their neighborhood. Knock on doors in their community and give out light bulbs.
5) Senior Adult Woman - needs help in home repairs and painting. This lady lives alone. Has no one to help her and has no funds for repairs. If your mission group is interested in helping her, please call Karen (759-7622 or 414-0812)
Mobilizing Believers Beyond the Walls of the Church
The Community Outreach Resource Guide lists all non profit agencies and ministries in Forsyth and Stokes Counties. Ideas for
group mission projects are listed for non-profits.
Below are some forms to assist you with planning your next Operation Inasmuch.
For more information contact Community Missionary: Karen Taylor (336-759-7622)